Thursday, October 8, 2009

School Holiday Tulips at Tesselars & Treasures from Castlemaine

Can you believe these are tulips!!
We took the Big Boys up to Tesselars here in the Dandenongs last week during the holidays

They were having their annual Tulip festival. I took lots of pics of the most beautiful blooms. Thought you might enjoy a few too.


These are my two little blooms. It was a cold day but that didn't stop them enjoying themselves.

And some of the lovely things that came home with me from Castlemaine the week before.

Vintage Sanderson Nursery Rhyme Curtains ~ stunning and in excellent condition!

Two Vintage Suitcases

A beautiful hand embroidered grey silk Kimono ~ unfortunately in pieces but usable pieces, the embroidery is stunning!

1950/60's embossed cotton

1960/70's geometric cotton

Deco Pressed Glass bowl ~ saw the same bowl in a second hand store the next day for $30!

Cross stitch birdies for a cushion
Scrumptious Edwardian Broderie Anglais cotton Tablecloth
My favourite tiny crotchet and linen tablecloth
Beautiful inserts don't you think

A cotton french linen look-a-like tea towel destined to be a cushion!
Had lots of fun finding it all.
Next post is my 100th (who would believe!!) and I have a give-away planned to celebrate. Keep an eye on my posts!!

Happy Thursday :)
Irene x

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks cold Irene!!
The tulips are gorgeous, one of my favs!
I love those suitcases, and the linen is to die for, beautiful!
Sue

Eileen said...

I love tulips! They are my favorite flower! Thanks for sharing, and you are so lucky to have this garden spot to go to!
And your treasure finds! I love them all! So sweet!
Those suitcases and the embroidery! I am so jealous!
Great post!
All the best,
Eileen

Erin said...

You really found some lovelies! I especially like the "french" linen with the abc on it. And those red tulips! Thank you for stopping by my blog! It's always nice to meet new friends. :)

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Irene. Firstly how did you resist not picking all those tulips? And second I adore those suitcases.

Brabourne Farm said...

I would love to visit Tesselars - I buy all my bare rooted roses from them every year and spend hours studying their divine catalogues. It's so hard not to buy everything! Leigh

vintagesue said...

love that kimono piece!!! and those two little tulips...aka your boys...are as cute as they can be.
love those suitcases too. can you have too many of those???? i think not.
take care
s

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely to see you at the ball!! ~x

Vintage Girl said...

Your boys are adorable!! I don't know which find I love the best, you see the best things....the fabric is lovely! Heather