Friday, April 2, 2010

Time capsule






I started pulling apart an old footstool yesterday I have had for ages and imagine my surprise at what it was padded with!
I had expected old stuffing, when instead I found old worn clothing from the 50's and 60's!
A singlet, aprons, shirts, a child's School blazer from St. Stephens with the arms and collar cut off, sleepwear, adult /children's items. Amazing recycling!
A little time capsule of a family's life!
May your Good Friday be full of family too :)
Irene x

7 comments:

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

how cool! I love finds like that!!
alicia

KH said...

Wow! What are you going to do with it, are the items salvagable?

Unknown said...

My friend did the same thing, pulled apart a stool, and found some old bloomers stuffed in it...maybe thats what they did back then! Certainly makes it more interesting.I hope the clothes are ok.
Happy Easter Irene, enjoy the break.
Sue

Melissa said...

that is brilliant! all the re-cycling we harp on about to our kids & prev generations just did it! are any savable? can you now make them into something else? ooh theres some thinking over easter for you...
have a lovely one...
melissa x

helle said...

What an amazing surprise, Irene!
I await what you´re going to make of it!!

Hope youre also enjoying the holydays!

Hugs from Helle

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what fun you'll have creating something out of all those treasures
Hope you had a lovely Easter
Alison

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh how lovely, a little snapshot of someone's precious life way back when. A-M xx