Friday, January 23, 2009

My Kitchen Dreams-at least some of them

Romantic Homes



What do I love most of all? Beautiful items of utilitarian furniture that have character and a with luck, a little history. I love the legs on this table as well as the 'nook' feeling. I have always loved plates on the wall too. Can't resist it.


Romantic Homes



I love sofas that can be lounged upon an area in the kitchen full of comfy beautiful vintage linen clad cushions and covers. (But no place for this in a house dominated by boys and men) But I am working on this in my lounge despite the enormous Jason Leather Sofa. (The boys throw the cushions and throw on the floor just about every day anyway - but I try....)


Country Home Ideas



Lyn Gardener of Empire Vintage here in Melbourne has it nicely done when it comes to arranging her everyday china, clear glass comports and cake plates. My comport collection is coming along nicely too thank you. I have the cabinet and the china and comports (not as many though) but nowhere else to put what I have in the cabinet at the moment.


Country Home Ideas



Lyn's again. The whole idea of white is not my thing but her love of the individual item and appreciation of the beauty of it is my thing too. Love the odd chairs at her long table and the pink chair.


Yes again, don't know how to remove the mistakes yet!!


Country Home Ideas

Oh the colour of the walls and chairs is beautiful against the white (one feature wall?) and I love the chequered floor. Lino is easy underfoot. I have tiny square brown tiles that have lifted in spots at the moment. HORRID!





The English Home



I want to reposition a hallway door so that I can make more room for the kitchen and have a place for a beautiful dresser to display things. Mind you it won't be as grand as this one as it will have to sit next to the Fridge. I have enough plates and jugs already.



The English Home


Cupboards that are not BROWN fake wood Laminate would be nice. Beautiful solid, clean wooden cupboards with a little bit of colour. The look of freestanding units is divine, but I always think of all the dust and yuk that catches under the ones with the little feet!




The English Home



This is my kitchen, or at least the mob who can do it for me if I won Tattslotto, 1st division, Superdraw, on my own! I would have them come over from England just to do it. They have a wonderful feel for the Eclectic and Arts and Crafts feel that I love the most. I don't mind a bit not having everything 'matching'.






The English Home



So I guess I will just have to do what the rest of us do and dream but still take what I can from my dreams and see what I can make reality.

Thanks for dropping by. Irene x


No comments: