Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What could I do with these?

Most mornings during the week I drop in at my local Op Shop because I go past it on my way home from dropping Big Boy off at school. I find a little something more often than not. Sometimes it is something ideal for ebay or then again its ideal for the house.
Sometimes I find things for sewing. That is what delights me the most.
Today I found some beautiful White furnishing damask and these little curiosities. Little felt circles with embroidery on them.
Immediately intriguing. And very sweet.

But what were they for? No idea here. So I made time this afternoon for a bit if a fiddle and to see what I could do with them. This is as far as I have got so far. No big plan just improvising on the spot. Not quite finished. Maybe I will make a cushion with it or perhaps a bag? (I also have added a little blue bird brooch I found too)
What do you think? What do these inspire in you?? Id love to know what you think you would do with them. The little ones are 9 cms wide and the big one is 20 cms wide (and needs a wash).
In anticipation......

Warm wishes, Irene x

2 comments:

The Catnap Cottage said...

Hi - Could they be for a teapot and teacups maybe? They are really cute - I would use them on pillows, small ones on sachets. You could use them like patches, put on jeans, jackets, purses, cards, journals. They are a really neat find!!

Dresden Plate said...

I think they were made to be table mats, the small ones for glasses, maybe?
They are so striking, and almost dont need anything else. What to do with them......oh dear, not sure! Just enjoy gazing at them?