Thursday, April 9, 2009

Toile and Vintage Doilies

I love Toiles. I purchased a beautiful piece of Waverly red and yellow toile a while ago and have been using it to make heart garlands. The grabs of image have worked so beautifully. I wanted to do something simple and quiet and these were handmade. I only have one left now and no more of the lace. This one has little white guipure trim. I also did ones with mother of pearl buttoms as detail.





I also came across some of these little circle Vintage plastic picture frames with concave 'glass'. Amazingly two at two different places in the same day! You usually see these with little prints of Ballet Dancers in them but these had an assortment of forgettable things in them. I framed some more of the toile in two of them.



Another of my favourite things are old embroidered doilies. I have come across two Vintage Duchess Sets that speak to me of gentler times. So pretty.


'One day' I will get my bedroom organised and paint the dressing table that sits patiently in the garage. Then these can come out of storage!
Hope you're more organised than me :)
Irene x

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Irene!
Hope all is well in the land down under. Love all of your vintage finds and no matter how organized you are there will always be more projects waiting for you!

kana said...

Irene,

I love your pretty linens and the toile under glass is great. Now you can always enjoy it!